Why consult in dermatology?
Your pet should be seen by one of our dermatology specialists if they present:
- Abnormal hair loss
- Skin lesions
- Chronic ear problems
- Allergy symptoms
Our veterinary dermatologist can identify skin lesions and skin sores, as well as the appearance they take on animals, which helps in the selection of adequate diagnostic procedures.
- Intradermal and serological skin tests for allergies
- Skin biopsies
- Cytological examinations of the skin and ears
- Skin scrapings for parasites
- Bacterial and fungal cultures
- Screening and specialized blood tests for endocrine diseases
- Ear cleaning