Centre Vétérinaire Montréal
Full time - 40hrs per week - 2 positions available
Vet et Nous is a multidisciplinary team composed of veterinarian both generalists and specialists operating at high rank whose mission is to take care of client’s pets as if they were our own. Our teams are split in 3 emergency and reference centres open 24/7 and several general practice hospitals and clinics in the greater Montreal, Laval, Montérégie, Laurentides, Lanaudière, Mauricie, Saguenay-Lac-St-Jean and Quebec region.
Your presence with our team is very valuable as you help them to get our patients back on their feet as quickly as possible and with as little stress as possible. As a member of our technical support team, you assist animal health technicians and veterinarians during procedures. You ensure the well-being of patients in your care by providing reassurance and restraint during procedures.
Why Choose our Team?
- Group insurance program
- RRSP/DPSP - employer contribution up to 5%
- Continuing education budget
- Work apparel and uniform allowance
- Employee assistance program
- Sick days and work/family balance
- Employee discounts
- Physical activity memberships
- Maintenance of seniority through the group
- Unpaid leave of absence
- Several social activities (happy hour, food truck, social committee, etc.).
- Assisting the veterinarian and/or animal health technician for minor procedures
- Assisting the animal health technician in his/her tasks (e.g., restraints, blood sampling, catheter insertion, X-rays, administration and injection of medication, etc.)
- Communicating with the animal health technician on the condition of hospitalized patients
- Ensuring cleanliness of consultation rooms, treatment rooms and laboratory
- Helping with analysis preparation (laboratory)
- Replenishing all material required for the proper operation of the hospital (surgeries, consultation rooms, treatment rooms)
- Instrument circulating and assembly of surgical garments
- Assisting the customer service representative (answering the phone, directing patients to their room)
- Performing pedicures and ear cleaning
- Attending meetings or available training courses allowing you to acquire knowledge, which can be useful in answering customer questions and assisting your colleagues
- Working in collaboration with animal health technicians and other technician assistants to ensure the well-being of our patients
- Performing any other required task
- Have basic knowledge on pets (an asset)
- Have good organizational and priority management skills
- Good judgment
- Ability to work in a team
- Efficiency and detail-oriented
- Excellent customer service presentation
- Basic computer skills
- Proficiency in French & English, written and spoken
- Physical work
Vet et Nous adheres to employment equity principles.