Technical Team Leader
Centre Vétérinaire Montréal
Full time - 40hrs per week - Variable schedule
Vet et Nous is a multidisciplinary team composed of veterinarian both generalists and specialists operating at high rank whose mission is to take care of client’s pets as if they were our own. Our teams are split in 3 emergency and reference centres open 24/7 and 17 general practice hospitals in the greater Montreal, Laval, Montérégie, Laurentides, Lanaudière, Mauricie, Saguenay-Lac-St-Jean and Quebec region.
First manager on the floor, you play an essential role within your team. Supported by the manager, you ensure the proper functioning of operations and you ensure the active application of our working methods, health and safety rules, and exemplary service.
Why Choose our Team?
- Group insurance program
- Continuing education budget
- Work apparel and uniform allowance
- Employee assistance program
- Sick days and work/family balance
- Employee discounts
- Physical activity memberships
- Maintenance of seniority through the group
- Unpaid leave of absence
- Several social activities (happy hour, food truck, social committee, etc.).
- Supervising members of the technical team
- Managing day-to-day operations with your team members (supervision on the floor, answering questions/dissatisfactions in person or by e-mail, etc.)
- Following up on the work progress of new employees and implement corrective measures as necessary
- In collaboration with the manager, identifying and planning employee training needs to ensure that the skills of the technical team are kept up to date
- Developing and updating operational protocols for the proper functioning of your teams
- Identifying, training and motivating the key players in your team to ensure proper succession management
- Overseeing equipment maintenance and servicing
- Attending meetings or available training courses allowing you to acquire knowledge, which can be useful in answering customer questions and assisting your colleagues
- Ensuring good communication with your team members and your manager
- Performing any other required tasks
- Some experience as an animal health technician on the floor is required
- Experience in surgery is considered an asset
- Good sense of organization and observation
- Ability to work in a team
- Good communication skills
- Proficiency in French & English, written and spoken
- Have as values : collaboration, commitment, open-mindedness and respect.
Vet et Nous adheres to employment equity principles.