Regional Trainor – technical team
Centre administratif Vet et Nous
Full time permanent, from Monday to Friday.
Vet et Nous is a multidisciplinary team composed of veterinarian both generalists and specialists operating at high rank whose mission is to take care of client’s pets as if they were our own. Our teams are split in 2 emergency and reference centres open 24/7, 1 emergency and reference centre open 7/7 and 24 general practice hospitals and clinics in the greater Montreal, Laval, Montérégie, Laurentides, Lanaudière, Mauricie and Quebec region.
Under the supervision of the Regional Medical Director, the Regional Trainer - technical team has a role of supporting & training animal health technicians (AHT) & technician assistants. The person will coordinate alongside with the regional directors of operations, the regional medical director & with the establishments’ managers.
Location : Job location is flexible upon employee. It is not mandatory to be living in the Montreal region.
Status : This is a full-time, day position. Scheduled Monday to Friday. Job on the road to visit our different veterinary establishments.
Why Choose our Team?
- Group insurance program
- RRSP/DPSP - employer contribution up to 5%
- Continuing education budget
- Employee assistance program
- Sick days and work/family balance
- Employee discounts
- Physical activity memberships
- Maintenance of seniority through the group
- Unpaid leave of absence
- Several social activities (happy hour, food truck, social committee, etc.).
- Participating actively at training the teams for VCA Canada, Vet et Nous and local initiatives for different establishments;
- Ensuring Vet et Nous program initiatives follow-up, including handsfree (no contention) X-ray program & the anesthesia program training;
- Help managers validate the technical team’s training plans for each establishments and ensure follow-up on their achievements;
- Ensure the connection between teams to share resources;
- Support the technical teams in their learning (certification, specialization, etc.);
- Accompany the teams during the management of more complex cases. in collaboration with the regional medical director (anesthesia, locoregional blocks, etc.);
- Help recruitment & staff retention;
- Promote quality of care and client service;
- Any other related tasks.
- Be an animal health technician or veterinarian with at least five (5) years experience;
- Training experience ;
- Solid skills in communication & presentation;
- Having 2 years’ experience of staff management is an asset;
- Demonstrate a high level of proficiency in French & English (spoken & written);
- Ability to master multiple files simultaneously & respect timetables;
- Be organized, versatile and able to work in a team;
- Be available to travel weekly (by car) in different establishments in the region of Montreal & Quebec City.
Please email your cover letter & resume to
Deadline for submissions is March 24th, 2023.
Vet et Nous is an equal opportunity employer.