Animal Health Technician – Specialized Surgery
Centre Vétérinaire Montréal
Full time 35h permanent
Vet et Nous is a multidisciplinary team composed of veterinarian both generalists and specialists operating at high rank whose mission is to take care of client’s pets as if they were our own. Our teams are split in 2 emergency and reference centres open 24/7, 1 emergency and reference centre open 7/7 and 24 general practice hospitals and clinics in the greater Montreal, Laval, Montérégie, Laurentides, Lanaudière, Mauricie and Quebec region.
Our Centre Vétérinaire Montréal is open 7 days a week until 10 p.m. and 24 hours a day from Monday to Friday and offers emergency and specialized surgery services.
As the right arm of the veterinarian, you apply his medical decisions, assist him in his tasks during his day, whether in consultation or surgical procedures, and you proceed to the care of hospitalized animals with the help from the technician assistant.
In collaboration with the surgical specialist as well as the entire surgical team, you will have to perform the surgical preparation and anesthesia of the patients, ensure their comfort and ensure the smooth running of the day, as well as other tasks related.
Why Choose our Team?
- Signature bonus
- Salary premium for certified AHTs
- Group insurance program
- RRSP/DPSP - employer contribution up to 5%
- Continuing education budget
- Work apparel and uniform allowance
- Employee assistance program
- Sick days and work/family balance
- Employee discounts
- Physical activity memberships
- Maintenance of seniority through the group
- Unpaid leave of absence
- Several social activities (happy hour, food truck, social committee, etc.).
- Admitting surgical patients
- Administration of medication
- Perform drug calculations according to the anesthesia plan
- Perform patient anesthesia
- Perform the surgical preparation, making sure to apply aseptic/sterile techniques
- Perform X-rays
- Perform the required patient care
- Give post-operative recommendations to clients
- Carry out telephone and email follow-ups with customers
- Assist the veterinarian in consultation
- Other related task
- Hold an animal health technician diploma
- Excellent customer service presentation
- Proficiency in French & English, written and spoken
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to easily adapt to stress
- Sense of judgment
- Care about the well-being and comfort of our patients
- Physical work
- Being attentive to clients
- Versatility and multitasking skills
Vet et Nous adheres to employment equity principles.