Animal Health Technician
Clinique Vétérinaire Féline de Ste-Foy
Vet et Nous is a multidisciplinary team composed of veterinarian both generalists and specialists operating at high rank whose mission is to take care of client’s pets as if they were our own. Our teams are split in 2 emergency and reference centres open 24/7, 1 emergency and reference centre open 7/7 and 24 general practice hospitals and clinics in the greater Montreal, Laval, Montérégie, Laurentides, Lanaudière, Mauricie and Quebec region.
In collaboration with the veterinarian, you play an important role with our customers by giving them advice or reassuring them about the condition of their four-legged companion. You will work directly with our veterinarians, technicians' assistants and animal attendants to ensure the well-being of the animals in our care. Under the supervision of the head veterinarian, you ensure the smooth operation and operation of the department in order to provide quality service and care to customers and patients.
Why Choose our Team?
- Signature bonus
- Salary premium for certified AHTs
- Group insurance program
- RRSP/DPSP - employer contribution up to 5%
- Continuing education budget
- Work apparel and uniform allowance
- Employee assistance program
- Sick days and work/family balance
- Employee discounts
- Physical activity memberships
- Maintenance of seniority through the group
- Unpaid leave of absence
- Several social activities (happy hour, food truck, social committee, etc.).
- Assisting the veterinarian during client consultations (pre-consultation, TPR, restraint, help filling out the file, post-consultation)
- Preparing surgical procedures (surgery room, anaesthesia preparation, supplies, etc.)
- Performing blood tests
- Admission and discharge of surgical procedures (preparation of patient discharges, client meetings)
- Performing procedures (descaling, X-rays, etc.)
- Performing treatments of hospitalized animals as prescribed by veterinarians
- Providing excellent customer service, responding to clients' requests for information and making the necessary follow-ups (post-consultation/treatment or hospitalization follow-ups, sending reports, taking calls)
- Make follow-up appointments for clients
- Provide nutritional advice to clients;
- Attending meetings or available training courses allowing you to acquire knowledge, which can be useful in answering customer questions and assisting your colleagues, and to monitor developments in the veterinary medical field
- Working in close collaboration with customer service representatives, technican assistants and animal attendants
- Performing any other required tasks
- Hold an animal health technician diploma
- Excellent customer service presentation
- Proficiency in French & English, written and spoken
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to easily adapt to stress
- Sense of judgment
- Care about the well-being and comfort of our patients
- Physical work
- Being attentive to clients
- Versatility and multitasking skills
The masculine form is used to alleviate the text and refers to both women and men.
Vet et Nous adheres to employment equity principles.